1. If you receive any unsolicited commercial communications seven days after registration of your telephone number in the NCPR, you may register a complaint by:
A. Dialling the toll free number 1909; or
B. Sending an SMS to 1909
2. It is important to note that:
- The complaint has to be registered from the telephone number on which unsolicited commercial communication has been received.
- Your complaint must be made within three days of receipt of the unsolicited commercial communication.
1. Dial 1909, listen to the instructions and choose one of the following to register your complaint:
- Through customer care executive
- Through IVRS(Interactive Voice Response System)
1. Dial 1909 and select the option for registering the complaint through the customer care executive.
2. Provide the details of the unsolicited commercial communication to the customer care executive including:
a. Particulars of the telemarketer;
b. The telephone number from which the unsolicited commercial communication originated;
c. The date and time of the unsolicited commercial communication
d. A brief description of the unsolicited commercial communication.
3. The customer care executive will register the customer complaint and acknowledge the complaint by providing a unique complaint number.
4. Preserve this unique complaint number for further communication.
5. You will be informed of the action taken on your complaint within 7 days of the complaint booking.
A2. REGISTRATION OF COMPLAINT THROUGH SMS TO 1909
1. You may register a complaint regarding receipt of unsolicited commercial communications by sending SMS to 1909 in the specified format given below:
“COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mm”
Where XXXXXXXXXX – is the telephone number or header of the SMS, as the case may be, from which the unsolicited commercial communication has originated.
2. The complaint will be registered and acknowledged by the access provider by sending a unique complaint number through SMS.
3. You will be informed of the action taken on your complaint within 7 days of the complaint booking.